January 06, 2011

TOP 5 ALBUMS of 2010!!!

Ok, I'm back everyone!!! 
Be happy that I'm busy composing, recording and producing our 2nd album...which I want in YOUR Top 5 of 2011! It's a lot of work and I love it. Starting to get back in shape to hit the stage soon as well...WARRRGGHHH!
I promise to come here at least once or twice a month to let you know about my new discoveries, so make sure to visit often.
Ok, let's go!!!

#5 BEACHHOUSE. Teen Dream
Who can't enjoy some very easy-listening, poetic, uplifting indie rock with beautiful androgynous vocals ( I was sure that the lead vocalist was a man...oups )?! Perfect contrast with the hardcore speed of 2010.   
Great album for relaxing at home with friends or taking it slow on a rainy summer afternoon. No songs to skip, very fluid atmosphere. Here is my favorite track taken from the album:
BEACHHOUSE "Norway"

#4 MASSIVE ATTACK. Heligoland
Fantastic yet apocalyptic lyrics over electro minimalistic orchestrations. Violins and keyboards building-up on dark rhythms...very Massive Attack, very 2010!
Great album with a few magnificent highlights such has "Girl, I love you", "Atlas air" and the sexiest song of 2010, "Paradise Circus" ( in its original version and remixed version which I could listen to forever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and.... ) :
MASSIVE ATTACK. Paradise Circus ( Gui Boratto remix )



#3 UNKLE. Where did the night fall?
An album filled with incredible vocalists and very haunting songs. Amazing production where analog electronic sounds meet violins and brass. Breathtaking and dramatic at times. These guys are IT!!!
The most underrated, almost unknown, release of 2010 in my point of view. At times "Joy divionesque" and even "Björkish".
UNKLE. "Natural selection"



#2 ARCADE FIRE. The suburbs
Well, well, well. If I need to introduce you to "Arcade Fire", where have you been?! Every album they release is incredible from beginning to end...and the songs shine even more live! As usual on this new release, more heartfelt political and poetic songs delivered with a driven passion.
Breathtaking talent, inspired songwriting, I like to call them the "Radiohead" of this decade.
A must in your collection.
And they are from Montreal = SUPPORT AND BUY!!! :-)
ARCADE FIRE. "Ready to start ( live )"

#1 WILD NOTHING. Gemini
I fell in love with this band when I heard the first few notes of the song "The witching hour". I downloaded the full album right away, before buying the CD as well a few weeks later .Yep, a little obsessive with this band.
Felt almost like discovering "The Cure" or something. A classic and unique sound. An album filled with reverb and moody melancholy. Very haunting and pretty. I actually downloaded their whole discography. Got every single song and I'm liking it all!!!!!!!
Guess I'm crazy for this band. lol

WILD NOTHING. "Live in dreams"

1 comment:

  1. I have to add my voice to the cacophony singing Florence + the Machine's praises. This is an unbelievable album from a whopper of a talent. I first heard "Hurricane Drunk" on KCRW and within minutes had committed to buying the whole album. That was a month ago, and I gotta tell you, the album still hasn't gotten old despite repeated playings.

    ReplyDelete