March 14, 2012

GOSSIP makes the world (almost) perfect!

Beth Ditto is back with her crew, preceding the soon release of "A Joyful noise" on May 22nd, produced in part by Mark Ronson and Xenomania (?! this man's past productions includes Kylie and Danii Minogue, Pet Shop Boys, Sugababes and Bananarama...I'm very scared!!! Why Beth why?!).
I guess it's no surprise that the first single sounds very 80s rock to me. I don't loooove the arrangements, but the songwriting is "classic Gossip excellence", so it's nonetheless an exciting return.
No big misstep so far (relief).
Beth's vocals do sound incredible as usual and it totally makes up for some of the "ok" arrangements. The song is growing on me already...So yes, our very full-figured punk goddess is back and in perfect form!
For now, that is perfect.
Fingers crossed.

A JOYFUL NOISE, track listing:
Melody Emergency
Perfect World
Get A Job
Move In The Right Direction
Casualties Of War
Into The Wild
Get Lost
Involved
Horns
I Won’t Play
Love In A Foreign Place

No comments:

Post a Comment