April 03, 2012

New LADYHAWKE rrrocks!

Thanks to my good friend, I've been listening to Ladyhawke's upcoming album "Anxiety" for a week already. Being a sucker for her self-titled debut, I was anticipating her upcoming release until I heard the first single "Black, white & blue" which came out a few weeks ago. Let's say it is far from being one of my favorite song of hers (that is why it took me sooo long to share it with you here). It's not bad at all but I find it kind of "light". I also think that the video doesn't help the song...so, I'll let you look for it. lol
Now, I am happily surprised with the rest of the album! Wish I could already post much hotter & grittier numbers like "The quick & the dead", "Gone, gone, gone", "Sunday drive", "Cellophane", "Anxiety" and "Vaccine" on here!!! :-P
The record surfs on a happy & fun summer rock vibe. It is the perfect addition to your Joan Jett vs Bowie vs Garbage vs The Kills playlist. That's very good!!! Yeah!
My only critic would be that the overuse of distortion and catchy hooks can make the album a bit saturated when you listen it from beginning to end. But really, nowadays, who cares about that!
Out on May 25th.

Oh good, you'll see exactly what I mean...just found these two "album teasers" which features some excellent tracks...




Now with that in mind, you will probably enjoy the song "Black, white & blue" much more than I did when I first heard it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment