May 02, 2012

FLORENCE breathes the life out of the evil queen!

As much as I prefer my Florence acoustic, intimate and more textured...I always get excited when she releases something new. This big dramatic song is the first single taken out of the "Snow White And The Huntsman" movie soundtrack! Typical Florence; great songwriting and huge sound, even a bit too huge at times. I think less drums and more harp, piano & guitar would have highlighted the impressive vocals and choir arrangements better. That said, great song for this soundtrack. Enjoyed it.

Oh...while I'm at it! Following this new release you'll find an incredible live rendition of "no light, no light". That's what I mean by naked and acoustic; her voice at its best. Fantastic build up with the choir again and that last note with the strings at the end is just out of this world!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment